Sunday, June 24, 2007

One Month Mapping

Hello Jerry!
My one month checkup is coming up on Tuesday, hard to believe it's only been a month. For some reason it feels longer. I guess I've gotten accustomed to my new ear and it feels like we've been together longer :)
As far as change, it seems to be a little slower. The sound quality has gotten better, just a little of the Mickey Mouse sound is left, I still hear it on the radio and some of the music I play. Last week I went to my Nephews high school graduation and for the first time in who knows when, I could understand speech from a speaker on a microphone:) Understood a lot! But,,,I also went to my son's 8th grade graduation and understood very little, my son's was held in a gym compared to my Nephews which was held in a huge stadium like building, I'm thinking maybe better equipment or that the gym was more echo like.
The tinnitus that I was talking about in my last post is gone, haven't had that sound for over a week now, keeping my fingers crossed.
Talking at home has become easy, very good at understanding my wife and older son, my little guy is a litter harder at times, I guess it's because he has a higher pitched voice.
So that is about it as far as news, sometimes I feel to busy to take notice of all the new sounds that I hear. Sometimes I don't think I hear that much, but when I really listen and take time out to listen, I'm amazed at what I hear now, just hearing the wind and the leaves in the trees is incredible. The rain on the leaves, talking on the phone, someone mumbling something as they walk off, I me going, "I heard that" :)
Anyway, I hope you all had a good weekend, school is finally out here, time to plan the camping trips and all the other activity stuff.
Take care,
Billy

PS---I think Yana get's turned on this week! Wish her luck!

3 comments:

Billy said...

Can anyone translate this :)
Me no understando!

Yana said...

Billy, that's spam. He is advertising a shirt making service or something like that... I think Camiseta is a shirt and he has got pictures of shirts on that site...

Thanks for wishing me luck! :)

Jennifer said...

Hey, if you have any shirts made, let me know...;)
I didn't know you had a new post up...I subscribe to your blog with Google Reader and I just got around to reading blogs today...the weekend was just too busy!! I'm glad you're making such awesome progress. Mine still isn't that great...but it's something, so I'm grateful. I have a surgery date of July 9th set, if BCBS of Tennessee will hurry up and approve it, for my second CI. If they don't approve it, I'll just cancel it and try again in a few weeks. Fun!! :D
Keep us informed, eh? :)